What is the one profession which leads to all others?
It is said that teaching is the one true profession which affects eternity. It is impossible to tell where the influence of teachers stop. Teaching is an art and it requires one to wear many hats. It’s a never-ending job full of ups and downs, but it is one of the most rewarding professions in the world.
This past week we’ve celebrated educators across our great country for all they do, and who they are. I am eternally grateful for the teachers and coaches who’ve made an impact on my life. They’ve inspired me to serve as an educator, which I’ve done for the past 13 years.
In honor of teacher appreciation day, here are 36 scientifically proven reasons why teachers are the best:
- They show up early and stay late.
- They teach us our abc’s, how to read, and how to write.
- They take care of the boo boo’s and ouchies while mom’s at work.
- They spend their own money to give surprises, treats, and rewards.
- They care for their students as if they’re their own.
- They hold and hug our pre-schoolers after the dreaded morning drop-off.
- They make a difference; everyday.
- They take their job seriously.
- They lose sleep thinking about how to better impact lives.
- They laugh with us.
- They can answer 100 different questions from 30 different students in about 3 minutes flat.
- They give their lunch away to kids who don’t have anything to eat.
- They encourage students to be themselves and chase their dreams.
- They are helping to build tomorrow’s leaders.
- They have bladders of steel.
- They can eat lunch in less than 10 minutes while grading in the process.
- They have no office hours, they sacrifice personal time for their students.
- They give up weekends to support students at games and performances.
- They give up time to fulfill non-compensated duties.
- They have a magical way of turning anything into a teaching tool.
- They have no shame when it comes to dressing up for school spirit week or creating videos to make kids laugh.
- They inspire future artists and musicians.
- They take a bus full of elementary kids on field trips which inspire awe and wonder.
- They tell the best stories which inspire and motivate students to dream more.
- They shamelessly put together choreographed dance routines to “Thriller” for school assemblies.
- They let students throw pies at them and dunk them in dunk tanks at pep rallies.
- They are the shoulder to cry on when no one else is around.
- They help us take our messes and turn them into messages.
- They have eyes in the back of their heads.
- They have the remarkable ability of assigning projects and tests which are all due in the same week.
- They stop what they are doing to help students figure something out.
- They go out of their way to celebrate they’re students success.
- They tell awesome dad jokes. 🙂
- They stay up late thinking of new ways to bring lessons to life.
- They teach us how to think.
- They have a passion for education and love their jobs.
Here are 10 Great Quotes Regarding Teachers:
“Teachers affect eternity; no one can tell where their influence stops.” ~Henry Brooks Adams
“Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.” ~Jacques Barzun
“The man or woman who can make hard things easy is the educator.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ~William Butler Yeates
“One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” ― Malala Yousafzai
“I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” ― Albert Einstein
“When you study great teachers… you will learn much more from their caring and hard work than from their style.” ― William Glasser
“The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of the mind for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.” ― Anatole France
“Those who don’t know must learn from those who do.” ― Plato
“Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” ― Scott Hayden
I’d especially like to thank the amazing group of educators who continually inspire me at Orchard Farm School District.
I would also like to thank the faculty and staff at my sons’ preschool and elementary school. Thank you for all that you do to help my boys have a wonderful educational experience. My wife and I appreciate you!
What traits do you remember about your favorite teacher?
As always, thanks for reading, have a great week, and be an RGP today!
Book Coach Elmendorf to speak to your team, group, or organization. Message him for details.